Governor Kemp’s executive order, which is now in place through Thursday, April 30th, 11:59pm, allows you to ride for the following reasons:
1. Georgia DNR-managed forty-six State Parks and Historic Sites remain open. Trails, boat ramps, fishing docks, campsites, cabins and golf courses remain open, allowing you to enjoy being outside. Gatherings of more than 10 people are banned unless there is at least six feet between each person at all times.
2. Nothing in the Governor’s order shall be construed to suspend or limit the sale, dispensing or transportation of firearms or ammunition, or any component thereof.
3. Georgia beaches will remain open during the statewide shelter-in-place ordinance, the public will not be allowed to place chairs, tents or umbrellas on beaches until the order is lifted after April 30. No congregating would be allowed and will be enforced by DNR rangers.
4. Obtaining necessary supplies and services for family or household members, such as food and supplies for household consumption and use, medical supplies or medication, supplies and equipment needed to work from home, and products needed to maintain safety, sanitation, and essential maintenance of the home or residence. Preference should be given to online ordering, home delivery, and curbside pick-up services wherever possible as opposed to in-store shopping.
5. Engaging in activities essential for the health and safety of family or household members, such as seeking medical, behavioral health, or emergency services.
6. Essential services and critical infrastructure workers.
If you do choose to get out and ride, please practice social distancing by putting space between yourself and others. Continue to practice healthy habits to help slow the spread of COVID-19. You can help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses like COVID-19 by following simple daily precautions.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and then disinfect frequently used surfaces
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Avoid touching your face
Learn more about staying safe and healthy at cdc.gov/covid19
Ride Safe! We are here if you need us!