At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, our Georgia motorcycle accident lawyers fight tirelessly to protect the rights and interests of riders injured in collisions with cars. Our entire practice is exclusively focused on advocating for the rights of motorcycle accident victims. If you or a family member was injured in an automobile accident while on a motorcycle, we are more than ready to fight for your rights. For a free, no-strings-attached consultation with a top Georgia motorcycle wreck lawyer, please call us at 866-529-2453 or send us a message directly online.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident With a Car in Georgia
The Georgia Department of Driver Services reported 4,269 motorcyclists involved in crashes statewide in 2019 alone, many of which included full-sized passenger cars. To protect themselves after a crash, motorcyclists should follow these four steps:
- Stop Your Motorcycle, Exchange Information: After a motorcycle accident, promptly stop and exchange essential information as required by Georgia law. This includes your name, address, contact details, and insurance information.
- Seek Immediate Medical Care: Motorcycle crashes can result in severe injuries. Have all suspected injuries evaluated by a licensed physician. Emergency injuries require immediate care, while other injuries should also be assessed. Document all medical visits and treatments, as these records are crucial for any legal case.
- Report the Crash to Police: Report all multi-vehicle collisions involving motorcycle accidents to law enforcement. As a motorcyclist, it’s in your best interest to ensure prompt reporting. The police will create an official accident report, which is instrumental when pursuing compensation. Obtain a copy of the report for your records.
- Consult With a Georgia Motorcycle Crash Lawyer: Navigating the aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be overwhelming. Unfortunately, big insurance companies are not on your side and often use tactics to minimize payouts. Our Georgia motorcycle accident attorneys are ready to assist you.
We Handle All Types of Motorcycle Accidents With Cars
Motorcycle accident claims can be complex. If you’ve been involved in any collision with an automobile, it’s crucial to have a reliable legal advocate on your side. At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, we possess extensive experience in handling multi-vehicle collision motorcycle accident claims. Our sole focus is on protecting the rights of motorcyclists—not drivers or insurance companies. In addition to other types of motorcycle accidents involving cars, our Georgia attorneys are prepared to assist you with:
- Claims for motorcycle accidents with cars in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accidents with pickup trucks in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accidents involving shared rides in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accidents involving Uber in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accidents involving Lyft in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accidents involving taxis in Georgia
Negligent Drivers Can Cause Serious Injuries to Motorcyclists
A motor vehicle collision can result in severe injuries for a motorcyclist. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), about 80 percent of motorcycle crashes lead to rider injuries, while only 20 percent of drivers and passengers are injured in accidents. Some of the most common motorcycle injuries reported in crashes with cars include:
- Road rash;
- Biker’s arm;
- Soft tissue issues;
- Fractured bones;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Amputations; and
- Spinal cord damage.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Liability in Georgia
Motorcycle accidents can result in serious injuries, emotional trauma, and significant financial loss. In Georgia, understanding the laws regarding motorcycle accident liability is crucial for both riders. Key points include:
- Georgia is an At-Fault Motorcycle Accident State: Georgia operates under the “at-fault” system, meaning the party responsible for causing the accident is also responsible for compensating the injured party.
- Liability Based on Comparative Negligence: Georgia follows the doctrine of comparative negligence in motorcycle accidents. Each party’s responsibility is assessed, and compensation is adjusted accordingly. For example, if a motorcyclist is found 30 percent at fault, their compensation will be reduced by 30 percent.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Multi-Vehicle Motorcycle Accident Claims
njured in a motorcycle crash with a car? You must file a personal injury claim before the statutory deadline expires. Under Georgia law (OCGA § 9-3-32), personal injury cases, including motorcycle crash claims with automobiles, are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. If you don’t bring a claim before the deadline, you may lose the opportunity to recover compensation for motorcycle accident injuries. Don’t wait to take action; consult with a Georgia motorcycle accident lawyer for immediate help.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover in a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Georgia?
After a motorcycle wreck with a car, securing the maximum available financial recovery is crucial for injured victims. Unfortunately, big insurance companies, whether it’s your own insurer or another driver’s insurer, cannot be relied upon to prioritize your needs. They often aim to resolve cases for less. Our Georgia motorcycle accident lawyers go the extra mile to help injured victims secure the maximum recovery. A motorcycle accident settlement or verdict may include financial compensation for the following types of losses:
- Property damage (repair or replacement of your motorcycle);
- Emergency room care and other emergency medical costs;
- Hospital bills and other health care expenses;
- Loss of wages and loss of earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering & emotional anguish;
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Why Hire Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers for an Accident With a Car
Injured in a motorcycle crash with a car? Feeling stressed, confused, or overwhelmed is normal given everything you have to deal with. Rebuilding after such an incident is not easy. At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, we offer specialized experience and expertise you can trust. Our entire firm focuses exclusively on motorcycle law. When you reach out to our motorcycle accident injury team, you’ll have the opportunity to speak to a Georgia attorney who will:
- Conduct a free, comprehensive review and evaluation of your case;
- Carefully investigate your commercial vehicle motorcycle crash claim;
- Represent you in personal injury settlement negotiations; and
- Take all necessary legal action to ensure justice and secure the maximum compensation.
Hurt in a Motorcycle Crash With a Car in Georgia?
We’re here to help. At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, our Georgia motorcycle accident attorneys are skilled, knowledgeable, and dedicated advocates for victims and families. Reach out to us by phone at 866-529-2453 or connect with us online to set up your no-cost, no-obligation case review. From our Roswell law office, we handle motorcycle accident claims throughout Georgia, including Atlanta, Augusta, Savannah, Macon, Marietta, Valdosta, Dunwoody, Rome, and Alpharetta.
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION WITH OUR GEORGIA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER NOW
At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, our Georgia motorcycle accident attorneys are passionate, experienced specialists. We have what it takes to help injured motorcyclists get justice after a serious crash.
You do not have to take on the legal system alone. Call us now at 866-529-2453 or contact us online for a free, no commitment review of your case. With law offices in Atlanta and Roswell, we represent motorcycle accident victims throughout all of Georgia.