At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, our Georgia motorcycle accident lawyers fight tirelessly to protect the rights and interests of riders hurt in collisions with cars. Our entire practice is exclusively focused on advocating for the rights of motorcycle accident victims. If you or your family member was hurt in an automobile accident while on a motorcycle, we are more than ready to fight for your rights. For a free, no strings attached consultation with a top Georgia motorcycle wreck lawyer, please call us at 866-529-2453 or send us a message directly online.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident With a Car in Georgia
The Georgia Department of Driver Services reports that 4,269 motorcyclists were involved in crashes statewide in 2019 alone. Many of these accidents involved a full-sized passenger car. Motorcyclists need to understand what to do to protect themselves after a crash. Here are four steps to take:
- Stop Your Motorcycle, Exchange Information: After a motorcycle accident, it is essential to stop your motorcycle as soon as possible. Georgia law requires all drivers involved in an accident to exchange information, including their name, address, contact details, and insurance information. Doing so is a core requirement of Georgia state law.
- Seek Immediate Medical Care: A motorcycle crash can cause severe injuries. All suspected injuries should be comprehensively evaluated by a licensed physician. Emergency injuries require emergency care. All other injuries should always be evaluated. You need to see a doctor to be in a position to get financial compensation for your damages. Be sure to document all medical visits and treatments, as these records can be crucial in any legal case.
- Report the Crash to Police: All multi-vehicle collisions that involve motorcycle accidents should be reported to law enforcement. As a motorcyclist, it is in your best interests to ensure that your accident with a car is reported right away. The police will create an official accident report, which can be instrumental when pursuing compensation. Be sure to obtain a copy of the report for your records.
- Consult With a Georgia Motorcycle Crash Lawyer: Navigating the aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be downright overwhelming. Here is the unfortunate reality: The big insurance companies are not on your side. They have developed a wide array of tactics to minimize payouts. Our Georgia motorcycle accident attorneys are ready to help.
We Handle All Types of Motorcycle Accidents With Cars
Motorcycle accident claims are complicated. If you were involved in any type of collision with an automobile, it is crucial that you have a reliable legal advocate on your side. At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, we have deep experience handling multi-vehicle collision motorcycle accident claims. Our sole focus is on protecting the rights of motorcyclists—not drivers or insurance companies. Along with other types of motorcycle accident with cars, our Georgia attorneys are ready to help you with:
- Claims for motorcycle accident with cars in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accident with pickup trucks in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accident with a shared ride in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accident with uber in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accident with lyft in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accident with a taxi in Georgia
Negligent Drivers Can Cause Serious Injuries to Motorcyclists
A motor vehicle collision can cause serious injuries to a motorcyclist. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 80 percent of motorcycle crashes lead to rider injuries. In contrast, just 20 percent of drivers and passengers are hurt in accidents. Some of the most common motorcycle injuries reported in crashes with cars include:
- Road rash;
- Biker’s arm;
- Soft tissue issues;
- Fractured bones;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs);
- Amputations; and
- Spinal cord damage.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Liability in Georgia
Motorcycle accidents can lead to serious injuries, emotional trauma, and significant financial loss. In the state of Georgia, understanding the laws regarding motorcycle accident liability is crucial for both riders. Key points to understand about motorcycle accident liability include:
- Georgia is an At-Fault Motorcycle Accident State: In Georgia, the law operates under the “at-fault” system when it comes to determining liability for motor vehicle accidents, including motorcycle crashes. In other words, the party deemed responsible for causing the accident is also responsible for compensating the injured party.
- Liability for a Motorcycle Crash is Based on Comparative Negligence: Georgia follows the doctrine of comparative negligence when determining liability in motorcycle accidents. Under this principle, each party to a motorcycle crash will have a degree of responsibility assessed and assigned. For instance, if a motorcyclist is found to be 30 percent at fault for an accident, their compensation will be reduced by 30 percent.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Multi-Vehicle Motorcycle Accident Claims
Hurt in a motorcycle crash with a car? You must file a personal injury claim before the statutory filing deadline expires. Under Georgia law (OCGA § 9-3-32), personal injury cases—including motorcycle crash claims involving automobiles—are regulated by a two year statute of limitations. If you do not bring a claim before the deadline expires, you may not be able to recover motorcycle accident injury compensation at all. Do not wait to take action: Consult with a Georgia motorcycle accident with a car lawyer for immediate help.
How Much Compensation Can You Recover in a Motorcycle Accident Claim in Georgia?
Following a motorcycle wreck with a car, it is crucial that injured victims are able to secure the maximum available financial recovery. Unfortunately, the big insurance companies—whether it is your own insurer or another driver’s insurer—cannot be relied upon to do what is right for you and your family. They want to resolve a case for less. Our Georgia motorcycle accident lawyers go the extra mile to help injured victims secure the maximum recovery. A motorcycle accident settlement or motorcycle accident verdict may include financial compensation for the following types of losses:
- Property damage (repair or replacement of your motorcycle);
- Emergency room care and other emergency medical costs;
- Hospital bills and other health care expenses;
- Loss of wages and loss of earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering & emotional anguish;
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Why Hire Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers for an Accident With a Car
Hurt in a motorcycle crash with a car? It is normal to feel stressed, confused, and even overwhelmed by everything that you have to deal with. Putting the pieces back together is not easy. At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, we have the specialized experience and expertise that you can trust. Our entire firm is focused exclusively on motorcycle law. When you reach out to our motorcycle accident injury team, you will have an opportunity to speak to a Georgia attorney who will:
- Conduct a free, comprehensive review and evaluation of your case;
- Carefully investigate your commercial vehicle motorcycle crash claim;
- Represent you in personal injury settlement negotiations; and
- Take all necessary legal action to get you justice and the maximum compensation.
Hurt in a Motorcycle Crash With a Car in Georgia?
We can help. At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, our Georgia motorcycle accident attorneys are skilled, knowledgeable, and justice advocates for victims and families. Reach out to us by phone at 866-529-2453 or connect with us directly online to set up your no cost, no obligation case review. From our Roswell law office, we handle motorcycle accident claims throughout Georgia, including in Atlanta, Augusta, Savannah, Macon, Marietta, Valdosta, Dunwoody, Rome, and Alpharetta.
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION WITH OUR GEORGIA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER NOW
At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, our Georgia motorcycle accident attorneys are passionate, experienced specialists. We have what it takes to help injured motorcyclists get justice after a serious crash.
You do not have to take on the legal system alone. Call us now at 866-529-2453 or contact us online for a free, no commitment review of your case. With law offices in Atlanta and Roswell, we represent motorcycle accident victims throughout all of Georgia.