At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, our Georgia commercial vehicle accident motorcycle injury lawyers are passionate, experienced, and solutions-oriented advocates for victims and families. With a sole focus on motorcycle accident claims, our legal team has the specialized expertise you can trust. If you or your loved one was hurt in a motorcycle crash involving a commercial vehicle, we are more than ready to help. To set up a no cost, no commitment consultation with a top Georgia motorcycle accident attorney, please call us at 866-529-2453 or contact us directly online.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Crash With a Commercial Vehicle in Georgia
Motorcycle accidents happen. The Georgia Department of Driver Services reports that nearly 4,000 motorcyclists are hurt in crashes each year—and some of these collisions inevitably involve commercial vehicles. If you or your loved one was involved in a motorcycle crash with a commercial driver, there are four key things that you need to do to protect yourself:
- Stop Your Motorcycle, Report the Crash: Georgia law requires all parties to a crash—including commercial drivers—to stop their vehicle and remain at the scene of a motorcycle collision. Be sure to report your collision to state or local law enforcement.
- Seek Immediate Medical Care for Any Injuries: Most motorcycle crashes with commercial vehicles result in injuries to the rider. All motorcycle injuries should be evaluated by a doctor. Your health is the number one priority—and, from a legal perspective, you cannot bring a personal injury claim unless you see a doctor.
- Document the Crash (Take Pictures): Georgia is an at-fault motorcycle accident state. A collision with a commercial vehicle should be thoroughly documented. Use your phone or camera to take pictures of your motorcycle, the commercial vehicle, skid marks, and any road hazards that may have contributed to the crash. Be sure to get the contact details for any person who witnessed the crash.
- Speak to a Georgia Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Before an Insurer: Before speaking to any insurance company, injured victims should always consult with a reliable Georgia motorcycle accident attorney. You need a legal advocate who understands Georgia’s laws and claims procedures. Insurance companies often attempt to settle claims quickly and for less than their true value.
Our Firm Handles the Full Range of Motorcycle Accidents Involving Commercial Vehicles
Even when wearing a properly fitted motorcycle helmet, riders are exposed. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that 8 in 10 motorcycle collisions result in physical injuries to the motorcyclist. The injury risk is heightened in commercial vehicle motorcycle accident claims, as trucks and other types of commercial vehicle are disproportionately large. Our Georgia motorcycle accident lawyer firm handles all types of motorcycle crashes involving commercial vehicles. Along with other types of cases, we are ready to assist you with;
- Claims for motorcycle accident with UPS in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accident with Amazon trucks in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accident with commercial trucks in Georgia
- Claims for motorcycle accident with construction vehicles in Georgia
Understanding Motorcycle Accident Liability in Georgia (Commercial Vehicle Crashes)
In Georgia, determining liability in motorcycle accidents involving commercial vehicles is crucial. The state follows an at-fault legal standard, meaning the party deemed responsible for causing the accident is liable for any resulting damages. Identifying the at-fault party requires a thorough investigation of the crash, including analyzing police reports, witness statements, and any available evidence. It is important to emphasize that commercial vehicle drivers—and even more notably, their employers—can be held liable for a crash.
Georgia employs a modified comparative negligence system. It is vital that injured motorcyclists understand how our state’s comparative negligence rules could impact their commercial vehicle motorcycle accident case—including their ability to recover financial compensation. When multiple parties are liable for the same motorcycle crash, they will be held legally responsible in a proportional manner. If you are found to be partially at fault for a motorcycle accident, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault, as long as it is less than 50 percent.
Why Commercial Vehicle Motorcycle Accident Claims are Often More Challenging
For a number of different reasons, commercial vehicle motorcycle accidents can be particularly challenging when it comes to making a successful claim. To start, there are often multiple potential defendants involved—the commercial driver, their employer, another company, the manufacturer, etc. Further, commercial vehicles often have higher insurance policy limits. It is a good thing for injured victims, but it carries an unfortunate side effect: The insurers for commercial vehicles can be particularly aggressive in defending against claims, given the potential cost of payouts. You need an experienced, effective motorcycle accident lawyer on your side.
Know the Statute of Limitations for Commercial Vehicle Motorcycle Accident Claims
Under Georgia law (OCGA § 9-3-32), motorcycle accident claims are generally regulated by a two year statute of limitations—and that includes collisions involving commercial vehicles. As there are very limited exceptions to Georgia’s statute of limitations for motorcycle accident injury claims, it is imperative that victims take immediate action to protect their rights. Do not fall behind the insurer in the claims process. Consult with our attorneys right away after a motorcycle collision with a commercial vehicle.
We Fight to Help Injured Motorcycle Accident Victims in Georgia Maximize their Recovery
Following a motorcycle crash with a commercial vehicle, it is essential that injured victims are able to secure the full financial compensation that they need to pay bills and support their family. Georgia law allows injured motorcycle riders to seek financial relief for economic and intangible losses. However, commercial vehicle companies and their insurance carriers cannot be relied upon to look out for your rights or your interests. They try to settle claims for less. Our Georgia commercial vehicle motorcycle crash lawyers fight hard to help our clients secure every penny they serve. Along with other types of damages, you may be entitled to recover compensation for:
- Motorcycle repairs or replacement;
- Ambulance fees and emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills and other types of medical expenses;
- Physical therapy and mental health counseling;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Long-term disability;
- Permanent scarring or impairment; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Why Rely On Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers for Commercial Vehicle Accident Claims
Motorcycle crash claims are complicated—especially so when a commercial vehicle is involved. You need an expert on your side. At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, we are exclusively focused on fighting for the rights and interests of motorcycle victims. We have what it takes to hold negligent commercial vehicle companies and large insurance carriers accountable. Our personal injury team is proactive. Among other things, our Georgia motorcycle accident attorneys are prepared to:
- Hear what you have to say and answer your legal questions;
- Investigate your commercial vehicle motorcycle accident;
- Handle all of the motorcycle crash claims paperwork;
- Represent you in settlement negotiations with insurers; and
- Develop a strategy to maximize your motorcycle accident compensation.
Contact Our Commercial Vehicle Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, our Georgia commercial vehicle motorcycle accident lawyers are standing by, ready to advocate for your right. Hurt in a crash? Call us at 866-529-2453 for a free, fully confidential consultation. From our legal office in Roswell, we handle commercial vehicle motorcycle accident claims throughout all of Georgia, including in Atlanta, Augusta, Sandy Springs, South Fulton, Brookhaven, Macon, Savannah, Athens, Valdosta, and Peachtree Corners.
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION WITH OUR GEORGIA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER NOW
At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, our Georgia motorcycle accident attorneys are passionate, experienced specialists. We have what it takes to help injured motorcyclists get justice after a serious crash.
You do not have to take on the legal system alone. Call us now at 866-529-2453 or contact us online for a free, no commitment review of your case. With law offices in Atlanta and Roswell, we represent motorcycle accident victims throughout all of Georgia.