At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, our Georgia motorcycle accident lawyers for broken bones fight tirelessly to help injured riders secure the maximum compensation. With over 25 years of exclusive focus on motorcycle accident claims, our team has what it takes to hold defendants and insurers accountable. If you or your family member suffered a broken bone or a fractured bone in a motorcycle crash, we are ready to help. Contact us by phone at 866-529-2453 or contact us online to set up your free, no obligation appointment with an experienced Georgia broken bone attorney.
Broken Bones are a Significant Risk in Motorcycle Collisions
Motorcyclists have limited protection. While only around 20 percent of car crashes result in an injury, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that motorcyclists sustain physical injuries in approximately 80 percent of crashes. Broken bones are some of the most common serious injuries in motorcycle wrecks. Our Georgia motorcycle accident lawyers have the skills, experience, and legal expertise to handle all types of broken bone injury cases, including:
- Broken arms;
- Broken wrist;
- Broken hand/broken fingers;
- Broken legs;
- Broken foot;
- Broken ribs;
- Hip fractures;
- Facial injuries; and
- Skull fractures.
Types of Broken Bone Injuries
Broken or fractured bone injuries can vary widely in their cause, kind, and severity. Effective treatment depends on a proper and timely diagnosis. Some of the most common types of fractures include:
- Simple Fractures: Also known as a closed fracture, it occurs when the bone breaks but does not puncture the skin. These fractures usually require immobilization for proper healing.
- Compound Fracture: More severe than a simple fracture, a compound fracture, or open fracture, happens when the bone breaks through the skin, leading to a higher risk of infection and requiring surgical intervention.
- Greenstick Fracture: More common in younger people, these fractures occur when the bone bends and cracks but does not break completely. They typically heal well with immobilization.
- Comminuted Fracture: Involving the bone shattering into multiple pieces, this type often necessitates surgery to reconstruct the bone and ensure proper healing.
- Stress Fracture: Small, hairline cracks in the bone result from repetitive force or overuse. Though they can also occur in motorcycle accidents.
- Spiral Fracture: Occurs when the bone is twisted apart, often in a hard fall during a motorcycle accident. It is a serious injury that may require surgery or immobilization for proper healing.
- Transverse Fracture: Happens when the bone breaks in a straight line across its width. Treatment typically involves immobilization or surgery, depending on the location and severity of the break.
An Overview of Motorcycle Accident Liability in Georgia
A rider who sustained a broken or fractured bone in a motorcycle accident should be prepared to navigate Georgia’s legal claims process. Here are three key points you should be aware of:
- Georgia is an At-Fault Motorcycle Liability State: In Georgia, liability for a motorcycle crash that resulted in a broken bone is based on fault. To hold another party liable for your broken bone injury, you need to prove their negligence caused the crash.
- Comparative Negligence Applies to Claims: Georgia has a comparative fault system. Your recovery could be reduced if you are partially liable for your own crash. For example, a rider found 30 percent at fault for their motorcycle accident will bear 30 percent of their broken bone injury.
- A Two-Year Statute of Limitations: Under Georgia law, O.C.G.A. § 9-3-32, motorcycle accident injury claims are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. With broken bone injuries, it is important to be proactive. Speak to a lawyer right away.
Recovering Compensation for a Broken Bone Motorcycle Accident Injury in Georgia
Did you sustain a broken bone in a motorcycle crash in Georgia? You have the right to pursue financial compensation for economic and non-economic damages. Figuring out the claims process alone can be challenging, but our attorneys are here to help you secure the most favorable settlement. You may be entitled to recover financial compensation for:
- Motorcycle repairs;
- Emergency medical care;
- Hospital bills and other costs;
- Rehabilitative treatment;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disability or disfigurement; and
- Loss of life enjoyment.
Broken Bones and Motorcycle Accidents: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A motorcycle crash could lead to a wide range of broken or fractured bone injuries. Some of the most common broken bones include the collarbone (clavicle), wrist, arm (radius and ulna), leg (tibia and fibula), pelvis, and ankle. These injuries most often result from the direct impact of the collision or from motorcyclists being thrown off their bike and colliding with the pavement.
Motorcyclists are vulnerable road users. A broken bone is a possibility when a crash occurs. To minimize the risk of broken bones in motorcycle accidents, riders should wear proper protective gear such as helmets, gloves, and boots. Further, all riders should practice defensive riding techniques. Be sure to maintain a safe speed, avoid tailgating, and stay vigilant.
Motorcyclists are vulnerable road users, and the possibility of a broken bone exists in a crash. To minimize the risk of broken bones in motorcycle accidents, riders should wear proper protective gear, including helmets, gloves, and boots. Additionally, all riders should practice defensive riding techniques by maintaining a safe speed, avoiding tailgating, and staying vigilant.
It depends. Initial care may involve stabilizing the injury, immobilizing the affected area with a splint or cast, and administering pain relief medication. In more severe cases, surgery may be required to align the bones, insert metal plates, screws, or rods, and facilitate proper healing.
Why Trust Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers for a Broken Bone After a Motorcycle Crash
Dealing with a broken bone in a motorcycle accident is complicated, and it’s normal to have a lot of questions about what you need to do to protect yourself and your rights. At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, we are here to guide you through every step of the claims process. With a sole focus on motorcycle accident law, our firm is committed to helping victims put more money back into their pocket. We have a history of six-figure and seven-figure settlements and verdicts. Among other things, our Georgia motorcycle accident lawyers are prepared to:
- Listen to your story and answer your legal questions;
- Investigate the motorcycle crash that resulted in your broken/fractured bone;
- Ensure that you have the right medical care for your broken bone injury;
- Represent you in motorcycle accident settlement negotiations; and
- Develop a comprehensive strategy focused on maximizing your compensation.
Contact Our Georgia Broken Bone Injury Lawyer Today
At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, our Georgia motorcycle accident lawyer is a tireless, effective advocate for victims. If you or your family member suffered a broken or fractured bone in a motorcycle wreck, we can help. Reach out to us by phone at 866-529-2453 or send us a message online for a no cost, no obligation consultation. Our expert broken bone attorneys are ready to handle your case and help you get compensated.
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION WITH OUR GEORGIA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER NOW
At Lawbike Motorcycle Injury Lawyers, our Georgia motorcycle accident attorneys are passionate, experienced specialists. We have what it takes to help injured motorcyclists get justice after a serious crash.
You do not have to take on the legal system alone. Call us now at 866-529-2453 or contact us online for a free, no commitment review of your case. With law offices in Atlanta and Roswell, we represent motorcycle accident victims throughout all of Georgia.